Whether you’re looking for a way to light up your driveway or just want to add some decorative details to your yard.
Investing in the best solar path lights is a quick and easy way to bring brightness and eye-catching details that amp up your home’s curb appeal.
Believe it or not, there are a lot of options to choose from and each one is a little different than the next. We found some great products including classic designs and more modern styles.
Table of Contents
- Why You Need Use Solar Path Lights Outdoor?
- How to Choose Solar Path Lights?
- The Best Solar Path Lights For Your Yard & Garden
- Best Solar Path Lights Reviews
- 1. Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Light
- 2. BEAU JARDIN Solar Pathway Lights
- 3. Gardenbliss Best Solar Lights For Outdoor Pathway
- 4. GELOO Solar Pathway Lights Outdoor Garden Lights
- 5. Voona Solar LED Outdoor Lights Pathway Landscape Lights
- 6. Otdair Solar Ground Lights
- 7. Homeimpro Garden Solar Lights Pathway Outdoor Moon Crackle
- 8. GIGALUMI Solar Lights Outdoor Landscape Pathway Lights
- 9. GIGALUMI Solar Lights Outdoor Dual Led Garden Pathway Lights
- 10. Maggift Solar Powered LED Garden Lights
- How Does Solar Path Lights Work?
- How to Install Solar Path Lights?
- Solar Path Lights FAQs
Why You Need Use Solar Path Lights Outdoor?
Solar path lights are both practical and decorative. If you live in an area without street lights or a rural neighborhood where it’s really dark at night, lighting your driveway or walkway is a good idea.
For one thing, adding lights makes it easier to see where you’re going. You can see any obstacles in your way and lessen the chances of a fall or injury.
These lights are also useful for security purposes. A pitch-black yard is more inviting for an intruder than one that’s more visible. These lights can actually help make your home safer.
Of course, these lights also add beautiful accents to your home. Some produce gorgeous star-like patterns on the grass while others are actual works of art.
Solar path lights increase the curb appeal of your home and add a lot of ambiance for parties or romantic evenings in the garden.
How to Choose Solar Path Lights?
There are a few things to consider when choosing the right solar path lights for your garden and outdoor.
While these lights are useful for a lot of reasons, you should decide what your main purpose for using them is before you choose.
If you’re looking for a way to add safety and security, the most important thing to consider is brightness.
The brighter the light, the more visible the path is. Reliability is essential, too. They’re not very helpful if they don’t come on when they’re supposed to.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for something more decorative, style is key. There are a lot of different styles to choose from including lanterns, sculptures, and sleek modern looks. Some even have different color options to choose from.
If you live in a wet climate, choosing a light that’s water-resistant is really important. Otherwise, you’ll have to pull the lights out of the ground every time it rains or snows.
On the other hand, if you live in a primarily warm and dry climate, waterproofing isn’t as important.
Lights being used for safety or security need long battery life. They should stay on long after you’ve headed to bed for the night.
For decorative lights, it’s not necessarily as important that they last all night, especially if they’re primarily used for holiday decorations or parties.
The Best Solar Path Lights For Your Yard & Garden
No matter what your style, there are a lot of great solar path lights to choose from. Here are the best ones we found to make it easier for you to decide.
|Pictures||Solar Path Lights||Working Time||Links|
|Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Light||8-9 hours|
|BEAU JARDIN Solar Pathway Lights||8-12 hours|
|Gardenbliss Best Solar Lights For Outdoor Pathway||6-8 hours|
|GELOO Solar Pathway Lights Outdoor Garden Lights||8-12 hours|
|Voona Solar LED Outdoor Lights Pathway Landscape Lights||6-8 hours|
|Otdair Solar Ground Lights||8-10 hours|
|Homeimpro Garden Solar Lights Pathway Outdoor Moon Crackle||5-6 hours|
|GIGALUMI Solar Lights Outdoor Landscape Pathway Lights||6-8 hours|
|GIGALUMI Solar Lights Outdoor Dual Led Garden Pathway Lights||6-8 hours|
|Maggift Solar Powered LED Garden Lights||8-10 hours|
Best Solar Path Lights Reviews
1. Enchanted Spaces Solar Path Light
These gorgeous lights from Enchanted Spaces feature real glass lenses and metal ground stakes that were designed to last for years.
Each of the six lights in this set comes with extra bright LEDs that create a beautiful star-shaped pattern on the ground. Each light is 16” tall with a 4.5” wide top.
Not only do these lights look amazing, but they’re also able to illuminate an area that’s 4’ x 4’ square.
They have an on/off switch so you can set them to come on automatically at dusk or only turn them on when needed. These lights are beautiful, affordable, and backed by impressive customer service.
- These lights are available in two different colors, rubbed bronze and silver.
- Natural white LEDs provide bright beautiful light that’s perfect for adding accents along a path or adding a touch of romance to your backyard.
- Rechargeable solar batteries are included for each of the six lights included in this set.
- They include a hassle-free warranty on replacement parts if anything breaks.
- The batteries can take a long time to get a full charge, even in direct sunlight.
- The lights tend to dim after about five hours or so, even with a full charge.
2. BEAU JARDIN Solar Pathway Lights
Another great set of lights is this one from Beau Jardin. They’re a great size, about 16.5” high and 4.7” in diameter at the top.
That’s not all when the lights come on, the strong but delicate-looking beveled glass lamp creates a sunburst effect on the ground.
Each light has a stainless steel stake that’s rust-proof, waterproof, and tolerates a lot of wear and tear. There’s also a sharp, durable PVC tip so digging into the soil is easy when it’s time to install. If you’re not happy, you can return the set within 30 days for a full refund.
- Because these lights are made of such high-quality materials, you don’t have to worry about the silver changing color.
- A rechargeable solar battery is included for each light in this set.
- With a full charge, each battery should last for 8 to 12 hours.
- These lights are IP65 waterproof and can tolerate rain, sleet, frost, or snow.
- The batteries take a long time to charge and direct sunlight is most effective.
- Brightness can vary from one light to the next.
3. Gardenbliss Best Solar Lights For Outdoor Pathway
One of the best things about Gardenbliss lights is a simple, classic styling. This set includes 10 lamps in all which is a really great value. The textured finish and frosted glass lamp look great in any yard and you can really cover a lot of areas.
Because these lamps are 100% waterproof, they can withstand rain, snow, and sleet. Plus, they were designed with long-lasting batteries that fully charge even on cloudy days.
The bright white LEDs are guaranteed to last up to 30,000 hours. In fact, they’re so confident that you’ll love everything about these lights that they’re covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- These lamps are 100% waterproof and can tolerate a wide range of weather.
- The upgraded batteries charge efficiently, even on cloudy days.
- They’re covered by a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee, including shipping and handling.
- The company has an amazingly responsive customer service.
- Although the light lasts a long time, it’s not very bright.
- The plastic construction may not last very long.
4. GELOO Solar Pathway Lights Outdoor Garden Lights
These lights from GELOO charge quickly and last for eight to ten hours. They produce a warm, yellow glow that creates a much different look than white light. Plus, the beautiful star pattern they make on the ground adds a lot of interesting detail to your path.
If you wanted to add something a little more festive, these lights are also available with a color-changing feature that cycles between seven different jewel tones including pink, blue, and orange. You can use them as holiday decorations or add a pop of color any night of the year.
- These IP65 waterproof lights withstand rain, snow, frost, and sleep.
- The warm, yellow light creates a welcoming atmosphere.
- There’s a color-changing option available, too, that adds a pop of color to your yard for the holidays or any time of year.
- With indirect sunlight, the battery completely charges in six to eight hours.
- They have an all-plastic construction that isn’t as durable as other materials.
- The light they give off isn’t very bright.
5. Voona Solar LED Outdoor Lights Pathway Landscape Lights
This set of eight lights from Voona has a sleek classic design with a clear plastic lens that produces a gorgeous star pattern effect. They give off a warm, welcoming white light for up to eight hours with a full battery.
The stainless steel material is waterproof against normal rain and won’t rust or corrode. Plus, the high-density plastic stake makes it really easy to install them in the ground, though you shouldn’t attempt to insert them if the ground is frozen.
That’s not all, these lights are also backed by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and the company provides excellent customer service.
- The warm white light produces a beautiful star pattern on the ground.
- Stainless steel material won’t corrode or rust.
- These lights are waterproof in normal rain and bad weather.
- If you’re not satisfied, you can return them within 30 days for a full refund.
- These lights are a little dim and are more for decoration.
- While these lights are great in rain, they don’t tolerate cold ice and snow very well.
6. Otdair Solar Ground Lights
If you’re looking for something a little different, these Otdair light might be just the thing. Rather than a long stake with a light at the top, these lights actually sit flush with the ground. The disc-shaped design adds a modern twist to your walkway or garden.
This is a set of 12 lights that feature high-quality aluminum alloy construction that’s IP65 waterproof and incredibly durable. They tolerate inclement weather and stay on for up to 10 hours when the batteries are fully charged.
Because each light uses 8 LED bulbs, they’re a lot brighter than some of the other products we reviewed. They also feature a flash mode just in case you want more visibility.
- The round, flat disc shape sits flush with the ground to create a unique look.
- Each light uses 8 LEDs so these lights are exceptionally bright.
- The battery charges well even on cloudy days thanks to the large 4.5 square inches solar panel.
- The brightness dims over time.
7. Homeimpro Garden Solar Lights Pathway Outdoor Moon Crackle
For a gorgeous light that’s also a beautiful garden ornament, take a look at this one from Homeimpro. This interesting design is made of stainless steel and measures about 40-inches tall so it really makes an impact.
At the top of the stake is a crescent moon sculpture with intricate carvings that allow the light to shine through. An orb sits in the moon giving off a warm, white glow and creating a beautiful pattern when placed against a wall.
The stainless steel and glass design is durable and won’t rust or corrode. That said, if you have any problems, it’s covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee for the first 180 days.
- This stunning, unique design makes a great artistic addition to your yard or garden.
- The warm, white LED produces an eye-catching pattern when placed near a wall.
- Customer service is very responsive and provides a 180-day satisfaction guarantee.
- The 40-inch sculpture looks just as good during the day as it does at night.
- Even with a full battery, this light only lasts about six hours.
8. GIGALUMI Solar Lights Outdoor Landscape Pathway Lights
For something a little different, there’s this set of three pathway lights from GIGALUMI. This design features a simple stainless steel stake with a crackle glass ball light on the top. When the batteries are fully charged, they last about eight to 10 hours.
Another cool thing about these lights is there are settings for both warm white light and colors. Simply turn to the right if you prefer a standard white light or to the left for a slow shift between red, green, and blue.
These lights are also weatherproof and designed to withstand rain, snow, and anything in between. If you have any problems, no need to worry. Customer service is very helpful.
- These lights give you the option of warm white light or a color-changing mode that cycles between red, green, and blue.
- Customer service provides a 1-year replacement or a risk-free refund warranty.
- The high-quality materials of stainless steel and glass are weatherproof and can withstand rain and snow.
- The lights are not very bright.
- The color-changing feature can be unreliable.
9. GIGALUMI Solar Lights Outdoor Dual Led Garden Pathway Lights
These solar lights can be used with either the white LED setting for basic lighting or you can turn on the kaleidoscope feature for a beautiful color changing the light show. The lights shift between six different colors including pink, green, purple, and blue.
This four-pack can be set up for simple illumination or for a cool light show that’s perfect for the holidays, late-night garden parties, or any time you want to bring some color to your yard.
The stainless steel construction is really durable and the lights have a diamond-cut design that looks great even during the day when the lights are charging. With a full battery, they go for up to eight hours.
- These lights give you the option of warm white light and a color-changing light show that’s great for the holidays or any time.
- The stainless steel construction is durable and the diamond-like light even looks great during the day.
- If you have any problems, customer service is helpful and responsive.
- These lights are not weatherproof.
- They can become unreliable over time.
10. Maggift Solar Powered LED Garden Lights
These LED garden lights from MAGGIFT have a unique lantern-like design that adds a lot of character and beauty to your yard.
The black, rectangular design sits close to the ground and features tree-like carving in the sides which creates a cool lighting effect on the ground.
Because each light uses 8 LEDs, they’re bright enough for safety and security. You can also choose between a steady glow and a flash feature if needed.
When fully charged, the batteries last up to 10 hours. These lights are also water-resistant and can stand up to rainy weather.
- The unique lantern design sits low to the ground and creates a beautiful pattern in the grass.
- These lights are equipped with 8 LEDs and are bright enough to provide safety and security.
- Because these lights use more solar panels, they charge reliably and last for up to 10 hours.
- The brightness fades and is unreliable over time.
How Does Solar Path Lights Work?
Each solar light has a small solar panel, usually located on the top of the light itself. The panels soak up the sun all day which charges the battery.
Then, when the sun goes down, the battery is ready to go and the lights automatically turn on.
How to Install Solar Path Lights?
One of the best reasons to invest in solar path lights is that they’re so simple to install. There’s no wiring or power to worry about, all you have to do is insert the spike into the ground and you’re done.
If you live in a climate that freezes in the winter, be very careful when installing. If the ground is frozen and you force the stake in, it can easily break. While most are made of durable plastic, they’re not strong enough to penetrate ground that’s frozen. It’s best to wait for a thaw.
Another thing to be careful of is if the ground is really rocky. Pushing the stake into hard rocks can also cause significant damage. In this situation, it’s best to use a small shovel to dig out some of the dirt before inserting the stake.
Make sure you install the lights in an area where there’s a lot of sun exposure. This is absolutely essential for the lights to perform their best since the sun is what charges them and gets them ready for the evening.
Solar Path Lights FAQs
When used properly, solar lights are pretty effective. That said, there are some common questions that come up.
How to Charge Solar Lights Without Sun?
This is really important because not everyone is lucky enough to live in an area where there’s abundant sunshine all year round. On cloudy, rainy days, there isn’t always enough sun to properly charge the batteries.
Believe it or not, you can use an incandescent light bulb to charge a solar path light. While this isn’t the most practical solution because it means you have to bring them into the house or garage to shine a light on them, it will work in a pinch.
You can use LED lights, too, but, again, this isn’t necessarily practical.
If you want to avoid having to physically remove the lights every day, the best thing you can do is be very careful about where you place them in the first place. Remember, there is still sunlight, even on the gloomiest day. You just have to know how to make the best use of it.
Lights placed out in the open have a better chance of charging in low sunlight. Avoid placing them under trees, plants, or buildings that block the limited light available.
How to Clean Solar Light Panels?
You should simply wipe the solar panel clean on a regular basis but these lights require a deeper cleaning every so often. If you notice the light has started to dim and nothing else has changed, good cleaning could bring them back to life.
Start by collecting some supplies: lukewarm water, cleaning cloths, and a soft-bristle toothbrush. It also helps to have the instructions for your lights on hand in case you need help taking them apart or putting them back together.
After you’ve disassembled the light, clean the solar panel with a damp cloth and then dry. Never use a brush and be careful not to scrub too hard because solar panels are very delicate. You should do this about once a month.
Wipe down the rest of the light with a damp cloth, using the toothbrush to remove anything that’s stuck on. When you’re done, let everything dry thoroughly before putting it back together.
Why are my Solar Lights not Working?
There are a few things that could cause this problem. If you’re using them for the first time, make sure you follow the manufacturer’s directions carefully. There’s usually a safety tab to remove so the battery makes proper contact and the light won’t work if it’s left in place.
Some of these lights take a long time to charge initially so you may need to leave them out in the sun for a few days before they start working appropriately.
Make sure the solar panel is clean. Any dirt or debris prevents sunlight from getting through which means the battery isn’t charging effectively.
Try turning the lights to the “off” position for a few days. This prevents them from automatically turning on at night so they can charge for a few days without using any power.
If none of these things work, it’s likely something else is going on. Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer if the lights are still under warranty.
Does Solar Lights Work in Winter?
Technically, solar lights should work in the winter. Although the sunlight isn’t as direct, there is still enough available to charge the battery.
The issue in winter is similar to the problem that arises on cloudy or rainy days. If you find that your lights aren’t working as well, it’s likely they just aren’t getting enough sun. Repositioning them into an open area is an easy solution.
There are a lot of reasons to invest in the best outdoor solar path lights for your yard. Not only do they bring added safety and security, but they also add interesting details and even pops of color. Not to mention, they’re exceptionally easy to install and environmentally friendly.
Recommended for you: